Date(s) - 03/07/2019
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Paul Hastings -San Francisco
9:30 – 9:45
Speaker: Zina Deldar @ Paul Hastings. Legal counsel perspective on risks, managing risks associated with managing starting pay.
9:45 – 10:15 am
Speaker: Dan Kuang @ Biddle. Perspective on best practices, methodology, and business case on the importance of gaining stakeholder commitment and sponsorship to manage starting pay.
10:30 – 11:00 am
Small group discussion activity: NCILG members to brainstorm
• How to tackle pay equity in starting pay practices without budget or resources?
• Components for building starting pay guidelines, methodology
• Best practices in the pay and performance process, factoring different components of pay
11:00 – 11:55 am
• Panel discussion: HR practitioners share practices and methodologies across different sectors.
John Lowe and Kevin O’Connell from PG&E; Soo Lee from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
• Shifting company brand to attract candidates who see the marketability opportunity for joining the company.
• Value Proposition – innovators and inventors and have moved away from Tech to other companies because of opportunities to change the world.
• Generational nuances – GenZ, Millennials want to make an impact, contribute to society overall.